Struggling with a small space? We’ve got you covered!
Living in a small, compact city home? Well, most of us do. People now choose to stay in apartment more than an independent house or kothi as we call it, given that apartments have less security issues, low maintenance costs, are are perfect for the fast-paced life these days.
Those living in big independent houses, when move to a more densely populated area, face problems while adjusting in a smaller space as they are used to living in a bigger house. These problems can be solved by several space-making interior design hacks and techniques as having a apartment doesn’t mean you have to compromise on style and appeal. Even a small, compact space can look beautiful, unique, and inviting.
Apartment or house, who wouldn’t want their home to look more spacious than it already is? Because in reality, our goal is to have ample space in our home so we can live in a good, healthy and airier environment that is also well decorated and organised.
Getting a small, compact space designed can be tricky. However, in the hands of the right interior designer, one can do wonders in their small home, making it the dreamland we wish our homes become.
These tips and tricks help create excellent, creative interiors of small places and help you make the most of the limited space that you have:
1) Less is more: In simple words, display only what you need to. No, it doesn’t mean that you only keep essentials in your home, it simply means that when you are looking out for the best interior design ideas for a small house, you need to focus on what’s important, and what makes you feel good, invites positivity in your home, and keeps you inspired everyday.
2) Go for smaller furniture: It goes without saying that when it comes to interior design ideas for a small house, you need to buy small furniture, that will add a charm and uniqueness to your home without taking much space. The markets these days are flooded with brilliant, cost-friendly and comfortable furniture that will make your house look stylish and yet spacious.
3) Whiter walls: Having a neutral wall colour is a must when it comes to designing a small house. It not only makes the room look more spacious but also creates more positive energy and makes you place look brighter.
4) Opt for wall mounted lights: Also called wall sconces, these are the best options when it comes to designing compact spaces as every inch matters. However, apart from saving space, they also add a cosy look to your house, making it look more inviting. With wall-mounted lights guy can free up space on tabletops and also add a different vibe to your home.
5) Mirror mirror on the wall: One of the oldest and the most common technique used by interior designers to make spaces look more. Using mirrors to reflect light tricks the eye into thinking the space is bigger than it actually is. It has always worked and it always works. They are not only affordable but they also add a little bit of glamour to your home.